Are you looking to go paris vacation tour? Visit the most beautiful monument and most visited tourist attraction of paris, the Eiffel Tower.
The Eiffel Tower in Paris is the most valuable monument in france.Eiffel Tower, probably the most famous monuments around the globe, is an iron tower in Paris. Parisian symbol, known worldwide, the Eiffel Tower offers you a breathtaking view of Paris.Eiffel Tower is more compared to the tourist attraction which makes the French capital complete. For any tourist, as well as for Parisians, standing in front of the Eiffel Tower has the power to send shivers down one’s back. Imagine it’s around 10 o’clock during the night. As you ride the slow elevator up this famous monument, a light drizzle starts to fall. The lights of the monument create the rain look like little drops of gold hitting a bronze statue. And as you step out onto the top floor, all of Paris and its lights are at the feet.
There are, however, important differences. While Gustave Eiffel’s iron masterpiece wasn’t meant to be permanent, it certainly appears to be if it were built for the ages. An engineering marvel, it was the tallest man-made structure on the planet upon its completion in 1889. Its base, in particular the curved spans that support its legs, somehow seems to be both massive and delicate. To face under it, as I did during a recent visit, would be to see a breathtaking array of lacy patterns whose beauty belies their strength. As charming as the Tower is from a distance, it offers an even greater visual thrill a close range.By contrast, in its original incarnation (1923-1978) the Hollywood Sign wasn’t engineered whatsoever. The letters were anchored from behind by telephone poles, instead of bolted to some foundation. Unsurprisingly, over the years assorted letters were knocked down by windstorms and, when it comes to the H, by an out-of-control car driven from the Sign’s caretaker, Albert Kothe. After the old Sign was torn down in 1978, its replacement-the current-day version-was skillfully engineered. Caissons were sunk into the bedrock, and the newcorrugated steel letters were bolted to some heavy steel scaffolding. In the 33-year history, the current Sign has never moved, whether during earthquakes or windstorms, or required any repairs.
Each of the 18,000 pieces utilized to build the tower was calculated especially for the project and prepared in Eiffel’s factory around the outskirts of Paris. The wrought iron structure consists of four immense arched legs, set on masonry piers, that curve inward until joining in one, tapered tower.
Interesting Facts about Eiffel Tower Paris
- Located on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France, the Eiffel Tower is among the most well known structures in the world.
- The Eiffel Tower was originally built because the entrance arch for the World’s Fair in 1889.
- It really is named after Gustave Eiffel, whose company was responsible for the project.
- The Eiffel Tower is 320 metres (1050 feet) in height and was the tallest man made structure in the world for 41 years before being surpassed by the Chrysler Building in New York.
- The Eiffel Tower is made of iron and weighs around 10000 tonnes.
- Around 50 tonnes of paint are put into the Eiffel Tower every 7 years to protect it from rust.
- Despite its height, the Eiffel Tower was designed to become wind resistant, swaying just a few inches within the wind. It really moves further when the iron on the sun
- facing side heats and expands, moving the top as much as 7 inches (18 centimetres) away from the sun.
- Temperature also alters the height from the Eiffel Tower by as much as 6 inches (15 centimetres).
- Millions of people climb the Eiffel Tower each year and it has had over 250 million visitors since its opening.
- Visitors can ascend stairs towards the first two levels or have a lift that also has access to the 3rd and highest level.
- Being so popular, the Eiffel Tower design continues to be recreated all over the world, including the half scale replica at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel in Nevada, USA as well as thefull scale Tokyo Tower in Japan.
- Not everyone liked the Eiffel Tower when it was first built, with many criticizing its bold design.
- French name for the Eiffel Tower is La Tour Eiffel, it also has got the nickname La dame de fer meaning the iron lady.