In the winter months, celebrities prefer to hit the slopes or even the sand. Check out top 5 winter destinations for celebrity vacation.
There’s one group that can afford happening whatever corner around the globe they like: celebrities. Whether movie stars, singers or television stars, all of them need to take a break. But what are places where these celebrities choose to relax? In the private island of Necker, a popular for Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson and Oprah to the glamorous St. Tropez, liked by Penelope Cruz, Paris Hilton and also the Beckhams, all these places are roaming with celebrities.
Best 5 celebrity winter holidays
1. Setai, South Beach, Miami
- Wintertime Guests: Gisele and Tom Brady, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono.
- Why That like It: This South Beach hotel merges Zen Asian aesthetics with Art Deco chic (a nod to the South Beach setting). Antique bricks from Shanghai fill the lobby, which spills into an alfresco courtyard with soaring columns, pergolas, and ponds. Obviously, celebrities flock towards the 40th floor, four-bedroom, $30,000-a-night penthouse suite having a private rooftop infinity pool, Steinway piano, and 2 large Jacuzzi tubs encased in coral.
- Celebrity Scoop: Hidden within the hotel is a 2,500-square-foot ocean-view recording studio created by Lenny Kravitz. Beyonce, Timbaland, and Mary J. Blige have laid tracks there.
2. Round Hill Hotels and Villas, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Wintertime Guests: Emma Thompson, Gabrielle Union, Ewan McGregor, Believed lance armstrong, Michelle Williams, Nicole Miller, Mena Suvari, Patrick Dempsey, Shaggy, Russell Simmons, Sigourney Weaver, Paul McCartney.
- Why That like It: In the movie How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Stella found her mojo at Round Hill; many celebrities come here to complete the same. Picture villas with horizon pools, mahogany beds, vaulted ceilings, wicker furnishings, and alfresco living spaces with sweeping ocean views. Each separately owned cottage has its own master’s personality.
- Celebrity Scoop: Owners include Ralph Lauren, Jamaican track star Merlene Ottey, and (at some point) Betsey Johnson. Every Christmas as he was married to Linda, Paul McCartney booked an expert villa-maid, gardener, and cook included.
3. Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
- Wintertime Guests: Demi Moore and Ashton kutcher, Bruce Willis, Alex Rodriguez, Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner.
- Why That like It: There are no cars around the 1,000-acre private isle; guests circumvent via golf cart. Airy rooms have whitewashed interiors, teak furnishings, four-poster beds, and terracotta floors, and there’s a one-mile-long pristine beach. And since the hotel is available only by boat, it provides celebrities a rest from the paparazzi.
- Celebrity Scoop: Film clip and Jennifer Garner married in the sand after which honeymooned on the property. Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld honeymooned here, too. Last December, Alex Rodriguez, Demi Moore, Ashton kutcher, Bruce Willis, and Donna Karan rang in the Year on the island.
4. Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, BC
- Wintertime Guests: Heidi Klum and Seal, Justin Timberlake, Queen Latifah.
- Why That like It: Set in the base of Blackcomb Mountain, this 550-room luxury hotel offers ski-in, ski-out access together with (of course) great mountain views.
- Celebrity Scoop: Queen Latifah loves to kick back at the resort’s Mallard Lounge. And in December 2004, the place arranged for Seal and Heidi Klum to fly via helicopter to the peak of a 14,000-foot glacier, reported People Magazine. Once they arrived, he proposed in an igloo built only for the moment.
5. Las Ventanas al Paraiso, Los Cabos, Mexico
- Wintertime Guests: Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Harrison Ford, Jessica Simpson, Mr brad pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Costner.
- Why They Like It: There’s never a line to join up at this 71-suite resort set between pink mountains and desert, since there’s no check-in desk. Instead, guests are whisked away by private butlers for their ocean-view suites with private Jacuzzis stocked before arrival with favorite goodies. For literary types, your accommodation has been known to lend advance copies of books, well before they’re available to the public.
- Celebrity Scoop: Jennifer Lopez told Harper’s Bazaar that they loves the alfresco massages, while Jessica Simpson told Rolling Stone the infinity pool here is certainly one of her all-time favorite places.